Sunday, July 10, 2011

Is my fish dying or laying eggs?

Alright so I got this fish 2 months ago exactly and when i got her i thought it was a dude until I checked "how to tell if your goldfish is a dude or a chick" and I realised it was a girl. Its had a big belly since I got her so I just thought she was fat. I feed my fish once in the morning at 6am and once at 10 pm. I got another fish and think he's a boy (not sure, he's not completely grown yet) I haven't changed the feeding, its still the same amount (like 2 1/2 fish flakes the size of half a fingernail each) so I don't think im overfeeding. Anyway, I looked at my tank before I left tonight and my girl fish was belly up but still breathing and taking a long poop (sorry but that's how i describe it) and i thought the balls were air bubbles and she was dying because she had air in her tummy but then i touched one and it didn't explode like i thought air bubbles would. So i thought that was weird and i was tapping the bowl so she would swim around chanting "fight Laquisha! Fight for your life!" and then I cried (naturally. These are my first pets) And 2 hours later I come back home and she's STILL breathing, belly up, taking her poop. So at this point I went online to check what fish eggs look like and Im pretty sure they're fish eggs but I don't think the girl fish are supposed to be belly up :/ is she gonna die? Is she already dying? Also, I scooped out the male goldfish and put him in a bowl for the night in-case she does die. Don't want him getting sick...or eating the eggs. Also, I cleaned their tank 2 days ago and the water is murky. Im like...80% sure the male fish isn't ready to spawn yet so idk why its like that.... Please help :(

No comments:

Post a Comment