Friday, July 15, 2011

Is this a good excerpt? thanks:)?

The next morning I woke up in the bathroom with an imprint of the floor tile on my face. I quickly got up and got ready for the day. I threw on the first thing my hands touched, a dull blue sweatshirt with some baseball team’s logo slapped on the front and a pair of old faded jeans. I tossed my hair into a sloppy bun and dabbed my eyes with eye liner. It would have to work, because today my appearance was the farthest thing from my mind. All I could think about was what today would be like. Obviously, the news would be whirling around school like a hive of bees just waiting to sting the next person with the latest news… the blabbermouth clerk from the drug store would have already told everyone she knew, and the rumors would travel from there. Of course, buying the test in the first place was just asking for publicity. In this town, anything is fair game for the rumor mills, especially a sixteen year old pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment