Saturday, July 16, 2011

Should I go on Accutane?

I am 17 and I first got acne when I was 13 and it got pretty bad until I was 15 when I went through a 5 month cycle of accutane. I was reasonably clear for about 2 years but its come back close to how bad it was originally. I am concerned about going on accutane again (all other treatments didn't work) because I have recently heard of all the horror stories of people getting Crohn's Disease and IBD while taking the drug, but so far the last time the only side effects I had was red dry skin. Do you guys think those serious side effects would have showed up by now or do they come later in life? I am somewhat deciding just to wait out and hope that in time it will fade away but I know that is not the case for a lot of people. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment